Business of Weather is an independent podcast and webinar producer which aims to raise awareness of the business opportunities of addressing the impacts and challenges of extreme weather & climate change.
To help do this we have developed the Business of Weather Podcast. In each episode we interview leading experts from business, public enterprise and academia to investigate how weather & climate change impact business, society and the economy, and how innovative products and services are being developed to address the growing challenges to weather-affected social, public and private enterprises.
The target audiences of Business of Weather include:
- Budding entrepreneurs, post graduate students, scientists & engineers, etc. Our aim is to help them understand the business potential of using their skills and knowledge to develop products & services to assist the growing number of social, public and private enterprises impacted by extreme weather & climate change.
- Weather affected public, social and commercial enterprises and activities which are directly impacted by extreme weather & climate change, such as health, tourism, sport, energy, agriculture, engineering and transportation, as well as investment, banking and financial regulation. The aim is to help them better understand the impacts of extreme weather & climate change on their activities and how weather & climate-based products & services might help them address the growing challenges.
- Members of the so-called ‘Global Weather Enterprise’, i.e. those organisations in the public, private and academic sectors with a professional or business interest in the development of technology products and weather forecasting and related services (such as early warning systems) to help mitigate and manage and impacts of extreme weather & climate change.
- Potential investors and financiers, including venture capitalists, business angels, banks etc. Our aim is to enable them to understand and identify the opportunities for investing in startups and SMEs developing weather & climate-based products & services which can assist weather affected enterprises meet the challenges of extreme weather & climate change on their activities.
- Investors and financiers, e.g. life assurance and pension funds, fund managers and lenders, with a view to helping them better understand the risks posed by extreme weather & climate change for their portfolios and how weather & climate services can help mitigate and manage these risks.
- Members of the general public keen to understand that climate change is not all negative, and that there are many positive opportunities to address the impacts of extreme weather & climate change on business & society – opportunities which can generate environmentally friendly economic growth, wealth & employment.
To subscribe to the Business of Weather Podcast, click here